Friday, May 10, 2013

Wedding Weekend

This weekend I'm going to be an usher in a wedding. Events include the bachelor party last night, rehearsal dinner tonight, and wedding tomorrow.

The bachelor party was fun, I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a while and I always enjoying catching up with old friends. So, I was able to 'create' a vegan option from the menu: quesadilla without queso: just beans. Sounded great except it was pretty skimpy and I was ravenous when I got home. So I'm not sure if I can consider this a win or a loss.

I'll be spending the weekend at my parents house since I'm not a fan of making back-and-forth trips. It'll be my first chance to run again at Umstead tomorrow morning, and then I will hopefully get to see my Sunday running group on Sunday. I can't forget Mother's Day either; Mom and Dad are coming over to see my new apartment and then we'll go get some dinner.

Took yesterday off from running and attended a hot yoga class. A very high class studio, and overall pretty good. It was a little pricey ($20/class), but then again, the classes all run 1.5 hours. A little sorer, but then again, I had four solid days of running and swimming this time.

My future race schedule still isn't set, but I'm seeing some key races/ideal scenarios. I've gone and registered for the Mountain Masochist Trail Run in November. This was the same one I ran last year, and I loved it; that will probably be my only BIG race in the fall. For next year, I haven't found a particular race, but I'd like to run something more than 50, but not quite 100 miles, so probably a 100k. There just aren't that many around the spring time frame. Then in June, there is a 3 day stage race in Chattanooga; 60 miles over three days as 18, 22, and 20 miles. It's a different style that I'm intrigued to run. To top off the year, I'd do a 100 in the fall, most likely the Grindstone 100. I'm leaning away from the Beast Series, mainly because I don't think I can race that much. I don't have the self-control to slow down DURING the races and then prolong the recovery between events. Of course, being May 2013, I shouldn't think TOO hard on October 2014. If it was settled, what else would I blog about?

Soundtrack for the post, on weddings:
"Down" by Jay Sean: Makes me think of The Office with Jim and Pam's wedding
"Forever" by Chris Brown: The actual song from Jim and Pam's wedding
And the songs by Train and Bruno Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment