Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's Tuesday

The wedding this weekend was great. I had an amazing time. Had I mentioned that I was an usher? Myself and my friend Dave were ushers, though the other groomsmen performed similar duties. Ergo, Dave and I had a pretty easy going job, but we got to attend the rehearsal dinner. It was a neat scenario; Steve (the groom) went to my high school, though I didn't meet him until college, where we rowed together on the crew team. Therefore I knew the other groomsmen even though they themselves were from different "circles." Trivia fact: as the groom's party we were: Steve, David, Donny, David, Greg, Dave, and Duran. The ceremony and reception were good; I think the "big" things were so-so, but punctuated by truly thoughtful little touches, such as the scripture reading, and the best man's toast.

My running is returning quiet well. My knee still bothers me some, but I think it's more of a stiffness in the morning. My first mile may ache a bit, but usually after that I'm solid. So, it either warms up and loosens up, or maybe the endorphins get flowing and mask it all. Either way, it feels great. This morning I again went out to Carolina North Forest. As I begin to workout more frequently, I really start to settle into a routine; this season I'm again molding Tuesdays into a trail-work day. I again went sans distance; I don't know when/if I'll bite the bullet for a GPS watch. It works to not have that strict measurement for ONE workout, but I don't know how that will go for two or three times a week.

I think this week I may be biting the bullet for a smartphone. I'm just not excited about that $30/month data charge. But the battery life on my current, basic phone is waning, and I'll be looking for a new one soon.

Soundtrack for the post:
A few select songs from The Fold. Can be heard here
"Beside You Now"
"Faster Still"

No comments:

Post a Comment