Thursday, May 16, 2013

Slow Thursday

This week started out moving pretty quickly, but slowed down. I was hoping the universe was as anxious as I was for the weekend, but I guess it was just messing with me. Never fear, it will have to come eventually. I'm doing my best to make sure my staff is set up to get going without being, so as to negate needing to come in.

More yoga this morning. I really am enjoying it. I'm not sure if the meditative effect is being fully realized; however, I am enjoying the more focused stretching and strengthening. It's not very different from some static stretching techniques. Except with an instructor, there are details instructions on how to get the most out of each position, so as to maximize the stretch or modify it to your abilities. I've gone the past two Thursdays to a Bikram (look at me using fancy words) yoga studio. The instructor is great providing cues for proper alignment, and those cues are great at ensuring great posture. One thing I'm not sure of: am I too tall, or just terrible at some of the techniques? Savansana is a pose where you essentially just lie on your back, and either me head, feet, or both always hang off the end. OK or not? I also would like one of those fancy towels, so I don't slip'n slide in my own sweat. Gross.

I'm hoping to get to a farmer's market this weekend. I'm craving some summer squash, eggplant, fresh fruit.

Sound track for the moment:
"Everything" by The Classic Crime
"Everything You Want" by Vertical Horizon

 The songs move and inspire me for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's the specific lyrics that seem to espouse my thoughts, or describe the events going on in my life. Sometimes it's the tone and feel of the MUSIC and beat that strike a chord. Which "feature" dominants? Eh... depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment