Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy Cinco de Mayo

It's Sunday. It's overcast, with rain on the way. Our pool just opened, and I'm on standby for members to come in. It could possibly be a long and dreary day. Nonetheless, I feel amazing because I had such an awesome Friday and Saturday. It's hard exactly to explain over the Internet. I realize that the purpose of a blog is to bare the soul over the web to whatever family member or random stranger chooses to read it. However, there's somethings that are best done first in person before rather than "broadcast."

I'm still taking my time getting back to running. Saturday I had a good brief walk/hike, followed by just a sliver of running. That evening I took my second yoga class, my first HOT yoga class. When I first heard of it, I thought of a euphemism. Turns out to be very literal. The room was 105°F and 50% humidity. I thought the general yoga was less intimidating and less challenging than my first class. And the heat itself wasn't too bothersome; I do think it did a lot to increase my blood flow. Just by the end of class you're POURING sweat that is gross and always ends up stinging the eyes. I felt worn afterwards, but as a masochistic ultrarunner, I loved that feeling. It makes you feel flushed out and clean.

So far, no trouble with this vegan experiment. But I'm trying to figure out how to set up my eating. My first impression is to just tweek my current diet, meaning as few changes as possible. However, in some aspects the overall principles of a vegetable-based diet diet versus a grain- and meat-based diet may make it hard to instigate simple changes. For the moment, I leaving this to-be-determined.

EDIT: I'm also trying to determine my racing schedule for future. I think I'm going to run Mountain Masochist again this year. I'm not sure about the whole Beast Series, but I would run the Grindstone 100 next fall. That kind of leaves the spring open/unclear. I'd like to do something around 100K; something over 50 but not quite 100. Also TBD.

I had some questions about posting comments. I believe it's open to everyone. There's no link saying "comment HERE." Just hover over and click the "no comment"/"# comments" at the bottom of a post, which is the link to open a comment dialogue box.

Soundtrack for the weekend, about being alive:
"Alive" by P.O.D.
"Coming Back to Life" by Blindside

No comments:

Post a Comment