Saturday, June 29, 2013

Zombie

Ever have those days when you just feel like a zombie. You're awake, but you feel like everything is just boring lasers into your eye sockets and all you want to do is just shut down for a while... say forever?

Anyways. Building back up the mileage this week. A three hour run at Carolina North. I planned to and drove up to the Eno River State Park. I wanted to try running on the Mountain-to-Sea Trail starting up there. Unfortunately, I majorly chickened out. When I got there, I parked outside the closed gate (this is at 5:45 am) and see a sign prohibiting parking after hours. Of course if this was Umstead, I wouldn't have any problem. Generally they just don't want people sticking around after closing; they don't mind getting there before opening. However, without being familiar with Durham/Eno River, I was apprehensive about staying around; so I made the round trip back to Chapel Hill and back to Carolina North.

After some rain throughout the week and heavy downpour last night; the trails were mush. They also don't drain very well, so it was a lot of sloshing through endless puddles. I mean, I had mud caked all over my feet... THROUGH my shoes and THROUGH my socks. It felt good to shower off the mud; but a shower doesn't make soggy, wrinkly feet feel all that good. Ah,well....

It should be a peaceful week at work. And then Friday - Sunday, Leigh Anne and I are heading to Asheville for some camping, running, and hiking. We're hoping for good weather. I want good weather to make the camping fun. She'd like good weather to camp at all.

Still zombie-d out. Tomorrow will feel like a long day. I've got to cover some swim lessons, then it's off to a early summer/4th of July cookout at my aunt's house and lots of family. And it's my dad's birthday. Hah, I got him a present yesterday.... I registered him for the Old Reliable 10k in November! His first greater-than-5k run! Now he has to step up his training!

Soundtrack:
I've been listening to NPR....

No comments:

Post a Comment