Sunday, December 11, 2011

Everything was going good and on schedule.

Then yesterday I was trying to clean the gutters and get leaves of our roof. I slipped and fell, hit my abdomen on the railing to the deck and broke two ribs. No spinal injuries or problems with my liver or kidneys (given where I hit).

However, broken ribs are obviously painful. My race is next weekend. The ED doctor said no way, but prefaced that it wasn't dangerous; just that it would be too painful to breath. I did a trial run this morning. Yes, there was pain, but not from breathing and not intolerable, so now it throws in the air the whole possibility of still going, how well I would/could, etc.. I'm so torn right now, given that this is the second time it's happened in the last year. Am I just terribly injury prone?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Duran!!! I am so sorry to hear this! I hope you are feeling better since this was written - I hadn't checked in a while since you were on hiatus. Please feel better soon!!!
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete