Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dreaded Druid Hills

Almost back in the swing of things. The gym finally opened up yesterday after a two week haitus at the end of the semester.

Last week I continued to creep my mileage back up to almost normalcy. Most notably, on Saturday I ran a 10k, the Dreaded Druid Hills 10k. As the name implies, it is riddled with sickening inclines. For Balitmoreans, it's like running the hill up Northern Pkwy from Falls Rd towards Roland. For N. Carolinians... don't really know, maybe up Lake Boone Trail? (heading away from Blue Ridge and past the Beltline)... and doing that 6 or 7 times over. Truly tough. I didn't really run it as a race, just another one of those local events I wanted to check off my list. But I must have done alright; placed 35th out of 413.

About a month away from cranking out the marathon training. I'm getting anxious.

1 comment:

  1. Good hill training for your marathons. Your quads & glutes will thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete