Monday, May 31, 2010

Past week

Post-race week:

Tuesday: Northern Parkway loop, 8 mile run. There's a wicked hill ~ mile 5 that I missed while tapering.
Wednesday: Caves Rd loop, 35 mile bike. First mid-week ride that went over an hour, thanks to the increasing daylight.
Friday: Lake Rd 10 mile run. Though only for about 15 seconds, takes me by the famous Charm City Cakes.
Saturday: Cold Spring 10 mile run. Eh. nothing special
Sunday: New bike loop, 50 miles.

The new bike ride extended my long ride distance by about 10 miles. I went as far as I knew I should go, but not as far as I'd planned. Some mix up near the end of the ride and quite a bit of fatigue led me to end things a little earlier.

This week I'm continuing to try and re-ramp my mileage back to pre-taper. My tri/marathon training plan official starts July 12, and I'd like to be back at a base of about 35 miles/week. There's some wiggle room this week since I still might do the Dreaded Druid Hills 10k. A quote from the 2008 website: "This is NOT a PR course." I'm also anxious to get back in the pool. The gym was closed last week and will be closed again this week. One other newsworthy item: I should be expecting my RoadID tomorrow.

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment