Monday, June 21, 2010

New Shoes

Last week was a rough week. Many failed experiments are sapping my energy in the lab. I'm really hoping things start looking up soon.

A recommendation on electrolytes (thanks Delip!) pointed me towards Nuun. Knowing what to look for I picked up some sample tablets, as well as some from Nathan Sports, which makes a variety of running accessories (several hydration systems as well as reflective gear).

My plan was to try to save a little bit to purchase some clip-on aerobars. That is, until I looked at my training log and realized I was going to need some new running shoes. Also looking at my everyday sandals, I have worn through the sole and middle layer on my Birkenstocks (I mean, they're probably 5 years old!). I ordered some new sandals online, though not Birkenstocks. Cursed by my training, I couldn't help but look for something made for athletes. I ended up getting a pair of Crocs Prepair sandals. Like many cultural trends, I was a bit reluctant to jump on the Crocs bandwaggon, but what the heck, right?

I also did pick up some new running shoes. The Brooks Addiction 8 has been my go-to shoe for the past 2 years, making these my fourth pair. In the back of my mind, I wonder what I'll do if I ever do serious trail running, since it seems trail shoes don't have the same breakdown into supination, normal, or overpronation gaits, at least not to the extent that road shoes do. Charm City Run had the new generation Addiction 9, but offered the older model for a discount. How could I refuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment