Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Year

I had a great Christmas with the family. We did a lot of low key stuff, and since it's been a few weeks since the last post, instead of nitpicking some details, I just won't give any.

I'm kind of in one of those possible-pivotal periods. It seems poignant with the New Year just around the corner. There's a lot that is going amazingly well, but a lot that I want to change to help make my life simpler and happier. At some point I may drop some of the online social networking sites. I see too much that makes me just go "why the fuck do I care?" And then, even when I put stuff on there, I go "why the fuck would anyone else care?" It's a great way to communicate with others.

I'm just not sure what I prefer: less person-to-person interactions, or more person-to-person albeit via a virtual, shallow medium. I guess it depends on whether it's an actual trade off. My goal and method depend on the assumption that decreasing your online presence increases your real life presence. I'm not convinced this is the case. Real life takes real effort. But perhaps it can free up the energy and drive to pursue that real life presence. The same may go for this blog. Either it will go away, or I'll need to find a more specific purpose and focus, probably by weaning away the personal blogging and just focus, say, on the running.

If it does get some focus, or just simply stays as-is, I really want to talk about this book I got for Christmas called "The Story of the Human Body." However, I rather do it comprehensively once I'm done reading it.

Soundtrack:
"Telescope Eyes" by Eisley
"Congratulations" by Eisley

No comments:

Post a Comment