Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Less Traveled Road

One of my regular routes takes me through some definitely rural areas. Of course, it's not unexpected to see new developments. I'm sure this one has been there on previous runs, but this morning was the first time I noticed the Frost Forest subdivision. And I loved the name of the [currently] only street: Less Traveled Road. I've seen other subdivisions with querky themes. There was one in Apex called Sugarland with names like "Licorice" or "Candy Lane"

Most of my runs have felt pretty good this week. However, I feel like my pace is a little stagmented. There are a variety of potential factors: I'm definitely in a more hilly town. And perhaps I've got some LONG-lasting fatigue from the Umstead 100. I'm not sure what kind of definitive research/knowledge there is about the "true" recovery from such events.

I've a few trying weeks with the veganism. I don't know if what it is, but just sometimes there are these cravings, particularly for dairy: cottage cheese for breakfast, ice cream, cheese on my pizza. It's bad when I think about how there IS evidence that these things, in their "untampered" varieties. It's easier when I realize how hard it would be to actually find these that aren't from factory-farms, or from livestock pumped full of hormones and the like. And then the final product is full of chemicals of who-knows-what that does who-knows-what to the body.

And luckily, bread with some pasta sauce is pretty damn good on it's own.

Soundtrack:
"Beautiful Darkside" by The Classic Crime
"Goodbye in Her Eyes" by Zac Brown Band

3 comments:

  1. Daiya just doesn't cut it for me on pizza, I'd rather have no cheese now than vegan cheese... It is hard, I feel you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daiya is pretty gross.

      I gave tumblr a shot, but I've kinda given up. But I totally thought about saying "hey!" to you while on my run this morning.

      Delete
    2. Well - at least we can catch up between different blog platforms!

      Delete