Thursday, December 11, 2014

Hellgate 100K+

Race weekend is upon us. The past month has been relatively busy. On top of work, there has been Thanksgiving, lab practicals, and finals. But yesterday I had my A&P final just in time to be bored out of my mind these few days before Hellgate.

Tapering down has gone well. Nothing new acting up, and it's been a anxious balancing act with Crossfit. Crossfit is definitely a brand new experience for me leading up to a race, though I usually always had some cross-training exercise I've done leading up to a race. But the higher intensity and strength portions are finicky to work, and this week we were programmed to max out on some power lifts. I think I've done a decent job easing up, by skipping deadlift and squat PR attempts, and scaling and/or modifying the conditioning portions. I just can never tell if my legs feel tired/sluggish/strange from running less.

I'm just getting excited. I'll try and have a race report up afterwards. I'll leave around noon tomorrow to get there in the early afternoon. Race starts 12:01am Saturday morning!


Soundtrack:
"I am a Stone" by Demon Hunter
"The Songwriter" by Staple

No comments:

Post a Comment