Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm beginning to settle into a good cycle for my workouts, though that's looking to be unsettled. Tomorrow I start a once-a-week job packing and delivering local produce. Hopefully it will be a "gateway" job into an industry that I have a interest in.

Another weekend with the Coast Guard. Most people would be astounded by how early I will wake up to get in a run. 4:00 for 12 miles on Saturday (to be ready for ANOTHER 2.5 with the unit at 7:30) and 3:30 on Sunday for 8 miles (before standing watch at 5:30). I still don't think I could be considered an earlier bird. I can get up early, but that's mainly because I'm slow. I usually take at least half an hour to get rolling before a workout.

Interesting fact of the week:

The etymology of the name Duran. French in origin, meaning "enduring." Make sense: duran, durable, endurance. I'm certainly not one to buy into superstition, or "fate" regarding people's name. However, I like entertaining the idea of being a long-distance, ENDURANCE athlete named Duran.

I'm still stuck at around $125 for donations to Team USO. Come on folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment