Monday, June 6, 2011

The recovery continues. I'm out of the boot, but still not running for about another two weeks. This has pushed me over to the elliptical trainer. I used it a lot during the winter when I had IT band issues, and it seemed to stall some loss of my base mileage, so I'm hoping to still have a decent base when I can get back to running.

I've mainly been using a Precor brand elliptical which allows for adjustments in resistance and incline. This weekend while drilling with the CG I used a LifeFitness model which does not have an incline adjustment. Both had their plus and minuses. Without the incline, the LifeFitness was good for a constant lower turnover with high, high resistance. The Precor could give me a high turnover, but still elevate the heart rate with big changes in the incline.

Another 1 mile swim next week. And my dad will be doing his first 5k!

No comments:

Post a Comment